Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites applications for a full-time Financial Aid Counselor/Loans and Grants Administrator to join our Financial Aid department.
Providing a high level of service to students, the Loans and Grants Administrator will have a primary responsibility of ensuring that the federal and state loan and grants programs are administered according to regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administration & Processing:
- Counsel and advise students about financial aid eligibility and the application process.
- Respond to inquiries regarding financial assistance, inform and advise students and families about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, costs and financial policies, individualizing information to the particular needs and situation of the student.
- Attend and present at campus events such as: Accepted Student Day and Open House.
- Award and distribute financial aid award packages.
- Administer the Federal Direct Loan, Grant Programs and Private Loans, including the origination and disbursement of aid, reporting, and reconciliations.
- Perform the Return of Title IV calculations in accordance with federal rules and regulations due to a student’s withdrawal from all courses. Funds calculation, post withdrawal disbursement or loss of financial aid eligibility is required and performing the R2T4 calculation within the federally mandated timeframes.
- Analyze various reports such as grades and enrollment status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines.
- Administer the verification process. Verify data on student financial aid applications using appropriate tax information and documentation to provided by the student; submit necessary correction for reprocessing.
- Develop and implement strategies to support and foster financial literacy. Promote financial literacy initiatives/programs and provide training workshops.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain knowledge of financial aid regulations and best practices through reading of FSA handbook and other sources.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a closely-related field and demonstrated successful experience in financial aid administration including Title IV aid programs or the equivalent.
Knowledge & Abilities:
Knowledge of federal, local, and state programs that provide assistance to students; possession of effective oral and written communications skills along with the ability to work with students of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds; demonstrated proficiency in management of financial aid need analysis, packaging and required revisions; ability to interpret regulations; strong counseling skills; consistently perform under the pressures of deadlines and other administrative demands; and work cooperatively with others.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, communication, and work directly on the computer. The position requires mobility with minimal physical exertion. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as a computer, keyboard, mouse, and phone.
Usual office working conditions apply. Some evening and weekend work may be necessary to participate in campus-based programs such as Open House, Accepted Student Day, and/or Welcome Weekend.
Job code: 222
It is the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all jobs at the University and to all the terms, benefits, and conditions of employment/enrollment.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of both PowerFaids and Jenzabar student information systems.
- Participate in campus activities including: Open Houses, Accepted Student Days, and other events as needed.
To Apply: https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/t-Financial-Aid-CounselorLoans-and-Grants-Administrator-e-Milwaukee-School-of-Engineering-l-Milwaukee,-WI-jobs-j29966524.html?pbid=68355