To view the position description and apply online please visit: http://careers.uwplatt.edu/cw/en-us/job/494133/scholarship-coordinator
The review of applications will begin in mid-October.
Please contact John Cage with any questions.
The Financial Aid Scholarship Coordinator is responsible for stewardship and management activities involving all scholarships – Institutional, Private, Foundation, and select state-funded scholarships. This individual serves as a liaison between multiple stakeholder groups: the Financial Aid Office, the Foundation, the Academic Colleges, the Cashiers Office, Students and Families, and several scholarship committees; and, is responsible for continuous communication and collaboration between the stakeholder groups regarding all scholarships. This position develops communications and prepares scholarship reports, implements technology to support efficient scholarship processes, and collaborates within the financial aid office and with campus and external stakeholders to assist in creating a forward-thinking student services experience.
· Works collaboratively with the offices of Financial Aid, the Foundation, the Academic Colleges, and several scholarship committees to select and distribute Foundation scholarships.
· Works collaboratively with the offices of Financial Aid and Admission to select and distribute Institutional scholarships.
· Works collaboratively with the Cashier’s Office and students/parents to document and disburse the receipt of externally awarded scholarships.
· Manages the Peoplesoft awarding and disbursement process for approximately $4.9million in scholarship funds from all sources (internal/external) utilizing the financial aid and student financials modules.
· Counsels students and families in person, via email, and via phone regarding all matters pertaining to scholarships from all sources, to include: institutional, foundational, external, and state.
· Counsels students and families in person, via email, and via phone regarding all matters pertaining to financial aid, to include: verification, satisfactory academic progress, award processing, timelines, disbursement, and general eligibility requirements.
· Participates in the verification of student financial aid files per federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
· Participates in the proration and awarding of fall-only/spring-only graduates.
· Conducts presentations, to include: financial literacy, scholarship, new student registration, and panel presentations as required.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
Why It’s Great to be a Pioneer:
Campus Information: The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
Priority deadline: To ensure full consideration applications must be received by Monday, October 8, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
How to Apply:
The following documents are required for applicant consideration:
For questions regarding this position, please contact:
John Cage, Director of Financial Aid: email@example.com
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.
WASFAA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.