2015 Spring Conference
April 8-10, 2015
The Spring 2015 WASFAA Conference has – “Got You Covered”
Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
April 8th through April 10th, 2015.
General Sessions include: a Federal Update from The Department of Education, an inspirational message from keynote speaker Aaron Davis, a MASFAA Update and a State of the State Address that will include updates from: HEAB, DPI, Great Lakes, Fund for Wisconsin Scholars and others.
There are over 30 great Interest Sessions and 6 Business Solution Sessions for you to choose from.
The full, detailed conference agenda, with session descriptions is now available.
FINAL CONFERENCE AGENDA - updated 4/2/2015
Pocket agendas will be made available to conference attendees at time of conference check in.
On-Line Conference registration is now CLOSED! However, if you are still interested in attending the conference please contact Debbie Murphy (WASFAA 2015 Spring Conference Co-Chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some notes that will help you make the most of the conference:
On the evening of Wednesday, April 8th, dinner will be on your own. However, the Conference and Membership committees are organizing group dinners that night to allow WASFAA members a chance to meet their WASFAA colleagues in a smaller group setting. Dinner reservations will be made at local restaurants with approximately twenty-five diners at each location. Each location will have a WASFAA member who will help facilitate introductions and conversations at dinner.
Once the diner limit has been reached at a location that restaurant will be removed from the list of restaurants choices. Locations include: Braun’s Ranch Supper Club, Lake Street Café , Paddock Club and Brown Baer. For more information contact Heidi Johnson at email@example.com
A fun and exciting networking activity is being planned as the evening activity for Thursday, April 9th. You wont want to miss the WASFAA Scavenger Hunt! Contact Jill Gosse for more information at Jill.Gosse@salliemae.com and say YES!
Payment for the conference can be made online (credit or debit card) or by check.
- How to pay online:
- Complete the conference registration form.
- After completeing the registation form, you will be directed to the WASFAA GroupSpaces site.
- Enter the requested information on the GroupSpaces "subscription" form.
- You will then be directed to PayPal in order to make payment using a debit or credit card. You do not have a PayPal account.
- How to pay by check:
- Complete the conference registration form.
- Print your registration confirmation email.
- Send payment (payable to "WASFAA") and confirmation email to the following address:
Attn: WASFAA Spring Conference Payment
711 E Boldt Way, SPC 32
Appleton, WI 54911
- Reservations can be made via phone or online:
- Call (800) 876-3399 and press prompt #1; indicate you are with Wisconsin Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators to make your reservation.
- Online visit the Group Reservations Page - Use GWASFAA for Group ID and then Student for the password. This will direct you through the online reservations process.
- WASFAA has secured state rates for the rooms, room rates:
- One bedroom - $70 single occupancy, $90 double occupancy
- Two bedroom Woodland Suite - $100
- Two bedroom Corner Lakeside Premier - $140
These state rates will only be available if there are rooms still available in our room block.
Many of us work with homeless students that have come to us through your local high school’s McKinney-Vento program. We are pleased that our charity for the conference is the Sheboygan Area School District Homeless program. They provide homeless children and youth equal access to educational programs by providing much needed items such as school supplies, winter clothing, and transportation. John Mees, the Homeless Support Staff for the Sheboygan Area School District, indicated that next to transportation costs, coats and boots are the items they are in most need of. In addition to donated items for the raffle we will be collecting winter clothing items (new or gently used) that will be donated for the program. Check out those winter clearance racks now!
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact the WASFAA 2015 Spring Conference Co-Chairs.
Dora Del Toro-Herrera, Jill Gosse, Linda Loeffel, Mike Prasher, Scott Siegenthaler, Vicky Somers, Kate Sopha, Patty Taylor, Blake Taylor, Paul Watson, Concepta Williamson, Emily Ysebaert