Fall 2014 WASFAA Conference
November 12-14, 2014
Registration is now open for the 2014 Fall WASFAA Conference. Join your WASFAA colleagues to discuss "Working Our Magic" at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton, November 12 through November 14. In line with the theme, the committee has been working to develop an agenda which will enhance skills as well as provide further discussion and insight into current financial aid trends and topics.
NOW AVAILABLE: Final Agenda with Session Descriptions!!
All registration will need to be completed online. Also, for the first time, registration fees can be paid either electronically or by check! Please click on the link below and walk through the steps!
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton
WASFAA Room rates guaranteed through October 14th
Reservations: http://www.radisson.com/wasfaa or 1-920-733-8000
Room rates from $70-$110
Registration fee for current members who want to attend the full conference is $110. For members registering for one day only, the fee is $75. Those who are not current members would pay $155 (membership fee as well as conference fee).
What tricks are up our sleeves?
- Keynote Speaker: Jill Weisensel
- NASFAA Speaker: Jesse O'Connell
- Federal Update
Magic/Hypnosis Show...volunteers needed!
Wednesday, November 12
- Federal Update - Kimberly Wells
- Merging Money with Identity - Casey Calhoun
Thursday, November 13
- 150% SULA - Kimberly Wells
- Citizenship Status and Title IV Aid - Keyimani Alford
- Verbal Defense: Tactics and Practice - Jill Weisensel
- The Degree Project Students are Coming - Are you Ready - Ben Dobner
- NASFAA Standards of Excellence Review Program - Tim Opgenorth
- Birds of a Feather: Work-Study - Julie Waldvogel-Leitner
- NASFAA: Advocacy and You - Jesse O'Connell
Friday, November 14
- SULA: System Reporting Challenges - Loan & Financial Awareness Committee
- Positioning Yourself on Campus - Sara Beth Holman
- Crafting an Effective Default Prevention Plan - Debbie Murphy & Bill Henderson
- NASFAA Federal Update - Jesse O'Connell
College Access Professionals Sessions
- The In's and Out's of FAFSA Completion - Karla Weber
- Don't Just Blame it on the FAFSA - Jennifer Weber
- Professional Judgement for Beginners - Barb Cloutier, Julie Waldvogel-Leitner, Dave Woodward
- Undocumented Citizens - What Can Be Done? - John Reinemann and Dave Woodward
Old Glory Honor Flight (the local Chapter)
Your support through the donation of raffle items and by purchasing raffle tickets during the conference is greatly appreciated!!
Both raffle forms will be available at the conference as well, but feel free to print, complete, and bring along with your raffle items.
Bill Henderson, Jamie Thomson, Melissa Wege, Natalie Gill, Jamie Funderburg, Katie Kraemer, Amy Hoss, Lea Polizzi, Dave Woodward, Jane Lemke