The Wisconsin Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators is a non-profit organization that provides support to financial aid administrators and other agencies involved in the administration of financial aid programs in Wisconsin’s postsecondary educational institutions.
The WASFAA Blog
The WASFAA Blog contains updates from the WASFAA President, highlights committee activities and member profiles, and provides articles written by members and guests.
In 5 short weeks, on April 9, we kick off our Spring 2014 WASFAA Conference at the Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells! Still not sure if you will be joining us? Here are some great reasons why you should!
We’ve Got Beef!!
- That’s right! Our agenda is packed with meaty sessions.
- And, oh yes, Thursday lunch, Roasted Sirloin Bordelaise. Yum! :)
- At a time when all our energy is sapped due to award processing, Jason Kotecki is here to help us discover ways we can work with less stress and more FUN!
- Our theme is Creating Connections, and Neil Ihde will give us the tools to help us build and maintain healthy relationships on our campuses and within our organization!
- Byron Scott will be there to present the Federal Update as well as a session on our new favorite financial aid acronym: SULA!
- Financial aid administrators who coordinate Funds for Wisconsin Scholars Grants can view a demonstration of their new reporting system.
- Get one on one help with social media!
- Brush up on FERPA.
- Discuss your verification questions.
- Learn about working with LGBT students and counseling at-risk students.
- Find out how to provide financial literacy to students who need it.
- And much more!
- Come to the Grand Ballroom Wednesday evening for drinks, a pizza party, and Clue-a Vista!! Not a Clue aficionado, but still want to be part of the fun? Stay in the ballroom and watch your colleagues discover whodunit!
- On Thursday evening, you could do dinner on your own, but why? Instead, join one of the groups heading to a fabulous Wisconsin Dells restaurant, and meet someone new!
- Be an active part of your profession!
- Committee Meetings will be divided by Member at Large Representatives and these meetings are open to ALL! Come learn about a committee, find your niche, and JOIN IN!
- Learn about the upcoming visit to Madison to visit with state legislators in May!
Celebrate Your Colleagues
- Thursday lunch is the annual Awards Ceremony!
- Say goodbye to retirees – we’ll miss them!
- Clap your hands for the years of service awards!
- And, stand up, sit down, and watch for who will be recognized with the Outstanding Service Award!
- Support Easter Seals!
- Start thinking about raffle items you will bring – be creative!
- For $20, you get an arm’s length of tickets, and it will be worth it!! (One of our tallest WASFAA members is providing his wingspan!)
There are just too many reasons to pass up this professional development opportunity! Register, book your hotel, and get ready for SPRING!*
We'll see you there! Register by March 14!
Spring Conference Committee
Susan Johnson, Angela Sarni, Heather Cooper, Frankie Destache, Ben Dobner, Kellie Erickson, Ryan Gebler, Katie Grieger, Stephanie Lueck, Jacky Lueker, Courtney Morris, and Ka Lia Smith
*The Spring Conference Committee will not be held responsible if spring has not arrived in Wisconsin by April 9.